I’ve been looking for ways to cut costs and to use less caustic cleaners. I tought I’d share two postings I found that have a few that I’d never heard before.
In all*you magazine’s 23 cleaning items you’ll find at home I found that you can use
- the inside of a banana peel to remove scuff marks on leather using the inside of a banana peel. Banana peel may also be used to dust plants.
- sliced white bread to absorb stains from wall paper
In the Huffington Post 8 must-have household items for cleaning slide 9, a video from DIY network, is particularly interesting. You can
- boil apple peels in aluminum pan to remove dark stain
- Prep dirt stains for laundering by rubbing with potato – the starch helps remove the dirt
- Neutralize odors like tomato sauce in plastic containers – fill with water and sprinkle in dry mustard.
- Dry mustard and some water also removes garlic odorl from hands.
Latest posts by Karen (see all)
- Summer means mosquitoes – there are natural, inexpensive ways tp deal with them. - July 25, 2013
- I love Christmas in July – Lenox, QVC and the WBshop have discounts up to 60% - July 18, 2013
- Save money on cleaning products – household products that replace expensive cleaning products. - July 2, 2013