How can you obtain these savings? Negotiate!
What should you do?
- Be prepared
- check online for any current deals with your current provider and their competition
- gather your agreement, bills and payment history. On time payments are a plus!
- Decide what you expect and are willing to pay – set a high expectation goal and one for which you are willing to settle – this allows for comfortable compromise
- Get on the phone with customer service
- Be patient while you go through all the options to talk with a live associate – usually I’m annoyed by the time someone actually talks to me!
- If it’s taking forever, you might try pressing zero or # to get an associate on the line
- Be assertive.
- If the person you get says that they can’t help you, ask to be transferred to someone who can – in the appropriate department or their supervisor.
- Enjoy your success!
I once called my internet provider and told them that the service had become too expensive for me and they knocked my service down to the introductory rate after I’d been a customer for several years.
There are articles concerning subjects like this in allyou magazine. This magazine enables you to “live well for less” with $100s in coupon savings in each issue, articles on food, nutrition, savings, finance, etc. etc. Get all you for just $1.67 and issue ($2.49 newstand price) and receive a $5 Amazon gift card when you purchase a subscription.
Latest posts by Karen (see all)
- Summer means mosquitoes – there are natural, inexpensive ways tp deal with them. - July 25, 2013
- I love Christmas in July – Lenox, QVC and the WBshop have discounts up to 60% - July 18, 2013
- Save money on cleaning products – household products that replace expensive cleaning products. - July 2, 2013